Thursday, May 1, 2008

Penultimate

Week 14 has arrived and though I always knew it was coming, now that it's finally here I'm in a state of panic! Of the 3 P's my life is supposed to revolve around (portfolio, proposal, paper), in reality it's revolving around a fourth – procrastination! But I am confident that everything will be in order by this coming weekend so I can fully enjoy Week 15, spending time in museums that I still have to visit and restaurants I still need to sample. Of course I shall also go to work, but only on Thursday and Friday ;) My supervisors thought it only reasonable for me to want to take a couple of days off to pack up and do last minute DC things, and there was no reason for me to reject their suggestion!

This whole deal with Reverend Wright hogging headlines is so (as New York magazine would say) lowbrow. The controversy has undoubtedly hurt Obama even though the Reverend's behavior this past weekend should convince anyone in their right mind that this man is suffering from a severe case of mediatitis.

Last evening we had a great time in class playing a game of imaginary international geopolitics. I was the King of Saudi Arabia, who fell victim to a nuclear trigger happy Iran, while the Americans (led by none other than President Obama, House Speaker Pelosi, and Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott) lame ducked their way through the unfolding chaos in the Middle East. That was our last "academic" class of the semester since we're going to dinner next Tuesday.

All else is ça va. Its 12:57 a.m. and I think I will end right here. I promise to be doubly entertaining next week!

No comments: